I wanted to keep you in the loop on BulletProof development, and how it’s progressing through beta as we prepare to ship version 1.0 later this summer. Last week, we released the Final Public Beta Release of BulletProof. We are making this new update available to our beta testers, as well as to any new customers who haven’t yet participated in the free public beta.
To date, several thousand people have downloaded BulletProof and have been helping us shape it, refine it and make it even more of what filmmakers want in a footage prep and delivery tool. This new beta release includes many feature updates and fixes in response to all of the feedback we’ve received through our forums, including:
- Metadata export - Send metadata intact to FCP 7, FCP X and Premiere Pro as XML or XMP. Include color adjustments, In/Out points, and an option to trim the original clip or leave it as non-destructive metadata.
- Metadata presets - Save your color adjustments, keywords and other metadata as presets. Use them with playlists or apply on import.
- Color settings - An option to export color values as LUTs, a new Saturation slider, and more accurate color processing make BulletProof a no-brainer for color adjustments on set.
- Macbook Air - Playback now works beautifully on your Macbook Air or any computer using the Intel HD 4000 graphics card.
- PluralEyes Integration – It’s started! A new Metadata option lets you mark and send your imported clips in a bin setup that PluralEyes can read. We have great plans for BulletProof and PluralEyes…
- Better Checksum status - Checksum info is now displayed in the Metadata options, and you have direct access to Import, Backup and Export logs from there.
- New UI - The user interface has been locked down! This includes tooltips, keyboard shortcuts, preferences, context menus, and badges on thumbnails.
- Logic updates - We've added support for Undo/Redo, and Copy/Paste. You'll wonder how you lived without it.
Red Giant’s director of communities, Aharon Rabinowitz, has also written a helpful blog post with more details; check it out here.