NAB 2014 is upon us; a couple more days, and I hope that flight to Vegas. So once we get there, what can we expect to see from GoPro? Take a look:
Enhance Pro Shoots with New Dual HERO3+ System, Stutter-Free Playback Software, More Powerful Protune Settings and All New Flexible Mounts
GoPro to Feature Renowned Filmmakers, Directors and GoPro Media Production Team in Special NAB Booth Presentations
SAN MATEO, CA (March 31, 2014) – GoPro, maker of the Emmy® Award-winning HERO camera and enabler of some of today’s most engaging professional video content, will debut new software and flexible mounts for the HERO3+ optimized for professional filmmakers, cinematographers and post production studios at NAB 2014 in Las Vegas next week.
In its booth #C6537 in the Central Hall of the LVCC, GoPro will demonstrate:
- Dual HERO System: The new 3D System designed for GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition will enable users to record synchronized 2D videos and convert to 3D files using free GoPro Studio editing software. The Dual HERO System will also allow users to simultaneously capture video with one camera and shoot time-lapse photos with the second. Available in spring.
- GoPro App: Updated version of the free iOS and Android app delivers wireless camera software updates to the HERO3+ camera firmware and control new HERO3+ camera modes. Users can now also adjust and control all Protune settings from their iOS device for ultimate image control during a shoot.
- HERO3+ Camera Software: Free update for HERO3+ Black and Silver cameras delivers:
- New Protune settings that offer unprecedented customization options, enabling users to independently manage color, ISO limit, sharpness and exposure in addition to white balance
- New 1080-60/1080-50 SuperView modes for HERO3+ Black Edition cameras
- New Auto Low Light modes that support higher frame rate modes for HERO3+ Black Edition cameras
- A wider field of view on all camera modes for HERO3+ Silver cameras
- GoPro Player: A new desktop software application for Mac or PC that delivers a stutter-free playback solution for all GoPro content. Available in spring, the GoPro Player will optimize high-data rate GoPro content for smooth playback to deliver the best possible viewing experience. Features will include playback speed controls for fast or slow motion, the ability to play back Time Lapse and Burst Photo sequences as videos, and export full-resolution still photos from videos for photo prints or easy sharing. GoPro Player is ideal in a professional production environment, for previewing on set dailies in full 2.7k resolution or for reviewing footage seamlessly while prepping for post in the edit bay.
GoPro will also show a variety of new mounting systems for the HERO3+ optimized for cinematographers and videographers, including the new Jaws Flex Clamp and a variety of quick-release tripod mounts.
Shane Hurlbut, ASC is a world-renowned cinematographer with 18 feature films to his credit, including the recently released Need for Speed. Shane has depended on the GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition for capturing some of his most challenging, visually exhilarating car chase scenes throughout the film. "When I need a shot that is cut from a different cloth, never seen, or in harms way, I turn to the GoPro HERO3+,” says Hurlbut. “Its compact nature and near indestructibility expands my creativity and pushes me as an artist.”
GoPro will also feature a special lineup of industry renowned filmmakers and directors as well as members of the GoPro Media Production team in a series of special presentations in the GoPro Booth throughout the week. In their presentations, these filmmakers will share their insights, perspectives and the impact of the GoPro HERO3+ in their professional pipelines. The schedule of presentations includes:
Monday, April 7
10AM – Directors TS Pfeffer & Robert McHugh of Pier Pictures
12PM – GoPro Media Production Team
2PM – Chris Ray, Skateboard Cinematographer of DC Shoes
Tuesday, April 8
10AM – Directors Derek Lee & Cliff Prowse of the Indie feature film, AFFLICTED
12PM - Director /Filmmaker Casey Neistat
2PM - Freddie Wong, Dez Dolly, Ben Waller of RocketJump Studios
Wednesday, April 9
10AM - Alex MacLean, colorist for ColoraGoGo
12PM- GoPro Media Production Team
2PM- Sam Gorski and Niko Pueringer of Corridor Digital
GoPro’s versatile cameras and accessories enable people to self-capture immersive and engaging footage of themselves enjoying their favorite activities. From extreme to mainstream, GoPro’s HERO® line of wearable and gear-mountable capture devices are transforming the way consumers, professional athletes, and video production professionals capture, manage and share meaningful photo and video content. Based in San Mateo, California, GoPro’s products are sold through more than 25,000 stores in over 100 countries worldwide and direct via GoPro.com. GoPro branded content is shared and enjoyed by millions of people on popular media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube.
GOPRO® and HERO® are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries.